21 May 2014

Meditating






In this weeks R.E lesson in Starlings Class, the children learnt about why some religions use meditation to help them control their minds and thoughts, but also looked at how it can be useful for relaxing and calming ourselves down. Here are some comments from pupils:



"On Monday we did some meditating. We went outside to do it, I decided to meditate on the grass. We did it twice, so on the second go I went on a bench. Before that, we learnt how to make the 'aum' sound. We closed our eyes and made the sound. I didn't feel silly because I knew everyone else was joining in. I am looking forward to meditating with my Mum." Year 4 Pupil

"I enjoyed it because it relaxs you after a long lunchtime. My favorite one was an 'aum' sound because it is easy to start with. Meditating makes you forget about things." Year 4 Pupil

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please read our 'comments' information page before leaving your first comment. Thank you.